QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, verify results and distribute this information to your agencies, agents, brokers and staff. You can present the commission information in such a way that the sales people clearly understand what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your sales people to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
The promotional products industry provides promotional products imprinted with the name, logo, and/or marketing message of clients. The industry includes about 21,000 companies and departments of many advertising companies and independent distributors with combined annual revenue of about $17 billion. The industry is highly fragmented: the top 50 companies account for less than 30 percent of industry revenue. Most companies are small and independent with limited geographic coverage and product offerings.
Major products are shirts, writing instruments, desk/office accessories, glassware, and caps/headgear, all customized with the customer’s name, logo, and/or message. The most popular products are shirts (offered by almost 75 percent of companies); writing instruments (about 50 percent); and desk/office accessories (25 percent). Other products include other apparel, calendars, and magnets.
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
- Pay commission based on job profitability
- Calculate commissions based sales revenue or gross profit.
- Calculate gross profit by comparing invoice amounts to item cost, bills or purchase order amount.
- Apply additional manual cost calculations.
- Track gross profit for entire job across periods.
- Pay commissions at time of invoicing, at time of payment or when job is complete.
- Pay different commission rates for sales reps, managers and implementers.
- Pay commissions as a portion of results, flat amounts, tier rate with thresholds, etc.
- Pay commission rates based on profit levels
- Associate Customer to salespeople and pay commissions.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers, agencies and distributors.
- Enter/modify sales transactions directly.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is designed to integrate with QuickBooks®, Salesforce.com, Sage Peachtree MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Carrier data from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
- Eliminate shipping, tax charges from calculations.
QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Produce detailed commission statements by payee
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information
- Email commission statements to payees
- View commission statements through the web.
Miller’s Specialty Products, Inc. Now Uses QCommission to Simplify their Sales Commission Process
Miller’s Specialty Products, Inc. has over 25 years of experience in the promotional products industry, and are a proud member of the Advertising Specialty Institute. They are a promotional product distributor, and with over 3000 suppliers they are able to supply your business with whatever promotional product you need. With thousands of customers under their belt, their business has certainly grown over the last two decades.
Miller’s Specialty Products, Inc. used a different sales commission software prior to QCommission, however, the old software could not recognize and process the overrides and other deductions from their sales compensation plan. They had to export information from QuickBooks to Excel, and manually calculate based on monthly bills and invoices.
Their team had used a different software for their sales commissions successfully, but when the creator of the software passed away, it could not be updated and could not be utilized any more. They tried another software, but their sales compensation plan appeared to be too complex for it.
They found QCommission and thought they would give it a try so that they could finally step away from calculating their commissions manually.
QCommission integrates with QuickBooks, so they no longer had to export information manually. They discussed all their requirements with the QCommission team, and with everything in place, they no longer had to manually exclude certain items like 40% of the delivery charge from the sales reps’ sales commissions. Everything was successfully automated, and with just a few clicks each pay period, their sales commissions were easily processed.
As of this writing, Miller’s Specialty Products, Inc. has been a satisfied QCommission for over a year.
“Excellent staff to work with… very patient and thorough on explaining the system!” – Lisa Miller, Owner/Creative Marketing Director.